The HBMS meetings are open to the public and are held from September to May on the third Wednesday of the month at the Unitarian Fellowship at 3471 Jacoby Creek Rd, Bayside, CA (link to map). Each meeting begins with a mushroom “show and tell” at 7:00 pm and an educational program beginning at 7:30.
The HBMS yahoo group is also open to the public and offers lively discourse on all things fungal. It can be accessed at http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/H-B-M-S.
Benefits of membership are:
- Receive the monthly newsletter from Sept. through May
- Participate in twice monthly field trips (members may bring guests).
- Free attendance at mushroom identification and other workshops and the Mushroom Fair.
- Supporting the HBMS – our existence depends on our membership.
What is the cost?
- Memberships run from Sept 1 to August 31 and cost $12.00 for an individual and $15.00 for a family.