The HBMS Mushroom Fair has been held annually since 1978. It is held from 11 am – 4 pm on the Sunday before Thanksgiving at the Home Economics building at Redwood Acres, 3750 Harris St, Eureka. Admission for adults is $2.00 and $1.00 for children age 10 – 16.
Our Fair features:
- Between 200 – 300 species of fungi collected locally, identified and displayed in taxonomic groups on natural habitat materials.
- Displays of edible and toxic mushrooms presided over by experts on these fungi.
- Educational posters on fungi and ecology, fungal biology, odors, and many other topics.
- Educational Activity Guides for children of varying ages to help them learn about fungi.
- Mushroom growing kits for sale.
- T shirts with annual designs from the paintings of Hortense Lanphere for sale.
- Sales of mushroom field guides, cookbooks and more.
- Mushroom identification for the public – bring your mushrooms!